First off let me say that I LOVE the idea of these blogger awards! I really enjoy recognizing my fellow bloggers and I love reading their responses to the questions we get asked.
With that said I want to send a HUGE thank you out to Ines from pretty little things, Christina from Lifebeinggirly, and Wax from Wax’s World for nominating me for the One Lovely Blogger Award! You both have such wonderful blogs and constantly inspire me to keep being creative. Again, thank you for inspiring me and thank you for enjoying my blog. It truly means the world to me. 🙂
Now I share seven facts about myself:
- I enjoy singing loudly in the car.
- One of my favorite past times is going to concerts and dancing around like an idiot.
- My favorite alcoholic beverage is Shock Top beer. It is bomb.
- I have never been stung by a bee. I think I may be highly allergic but am too afraid to find out so I run away when I see a bee.
- I go to the Renaissance Faire every year and I LOVE it!
- I enjoy making jewelry. I use vintage buttons to make earrings and I make bracelets.
- I watch My Little Pony and I don’t care who knows it.
How do you like them apples?
Another thank you goes out to Susanna at SusannaAntihero for nominating me for the Liebster Award!! Susanna is awesome and I really enjoy her blog. If you haven’t read it yet, you should!
Here are my questions from Susanna:
1. What have you found most enjoyable since you started writing your blog?
I would say my favorite part about blogging is connecting with people. I’ve had the opportunity to meet some WONDERFUL people through blogging and it makes me so very happy.
2. What is a song that you can really connect with? (One that either inspires you or you always feel drawn to)
This is a bit nerdy/weird but I love the song, “Chip On My Shoulder” from Legally Blonde: The Musical. It makes me want to get up and do something with myself.
3. What is one thing you do that really makes you feel at peace?
I really enjoy taking photos. When I have my camera out and I’m taking photos I feel in my element. Time melts away and I just focus on the taste at hand.
4. What are some of your hobbies?
I really enjoy takings photos, making jewelry, going for walks, and collecting cameras.
5. What is one act of kindness that was done for you, that you have never forgotten?
The day I was let go from my job a girl in the bathroom eased the pain a bit. She saw me crying and asked what was wrong. Through tears I told her about my situation and how I didn’t know what I would do. She told me not to worry. I would find a new, better job and she invited me for drinks. She gave me a big hug and we parted ways. She gave me the strength to go back to my job and get through it. I will never forget that interaction.
6. If you could have an all expenses paid vacation of your choosing to go on in the next few weeks, where would you go?
I would go to Greece. It looks like an absolutely beautiful place and I hope to experience it someday.
7. And if you could bring only one person with you, who would you like to spend this experience with?
I would bring my fiance, Fletch. We haven’t gone on a vacation together and I would love to share the beauty of travel with him.
8. What is something that you love to collect? (It can be now or something you collected in the past)
Cameras!! I have a fairly large collection of vintage and lomography cameras. It started with just a few and has grown to about 50 cameras.
9. What is something unique or random that you like to do that not many other people do?
Oh goodness that is a good question. Hmm.. I don’t feel very unique right now because I can’t think of anything. I enjoy watching documentaries on the weekends about civil rights, women’s rights, and ancient history. I am sure many people like to do that but I will spend an entire day lost in documentaries. I love learning about our past.
10. I’m a genie and I’m granting you 3 wishes, what will they be?
Oh my goodness three wishes? Alright here goes.
1. I would like to see gay marriage legalized all over the world.
2. I would wish for better care for homeless individuals.
3. I would lastly wish to meet Ellen Degeneres. It is selfish, I know. I would love to meet her and also allow my mom to meet her too.
Thank you again to everyone for these awards. It truthfully means so much to me and I love each and every one of you. Thank you for supporting my blog.
This is for you.