Today I thought it would be beneficial to share how I’ve learned to balance my personal life and blogging. I have had a lot on my plate the last seven months. I’ve been trying to find a balance between maintaining a relationship with my fiance, keeping up relationships with my friends, wedding planning, my full-time job, and, of course, blogging.
I told myself from the beginning that if blogging became too much I would slow down but I’ve found that in times of stress it really soothes me. When I feel overwhelmed by wedding plans, I take a break and write a fun post involving a great inspirational quote or a silly photo. It brightens my spirit and helps me create content. Talk about a win-win!
My two year anniversary is coming up and I almost can’t believe it. With that said I think I should provide you with what I’ve found helpful.
1. Keep a journal with you at all times. When you come up with a fun post idea make sure you jot it down.
2. Give yourself a few hours on the weekend to write and schedule your posts for the week. I LOVE spending my Sundays at a coffee shop focusing on my blog. I take all of the ideas I wrote down in my journal and I develop them into posts! I try to get all of my work week posts done so I can focus on personal stuff during the weeknights, after work.
3. If you are super busy with life stuff, share about it! Readers love hearing about your big life moments and fun adventures. Take a TON of photos so you can beef up your posts and provide a great picture, get what I did there?, of what you’ve been up to!
4. Make sure you are writing about stuff you are passionate about. I am sure you hear that tip often but it is so true! It is so much easier to make time for blogging when you are writing about things you enjoy and find happiness in.
5. Lastly, understand that it is alright every once in a while to step away from your blog. If you have too much going on in your life then take a little break. Your readers want you to be happy and understand! Just don’t go away for too long. I think I would miss you.
Well, I hope this helps! I may not be an expert but I know what has worked for me.
I hope you have an amazing day! Stay classy, San Diego! (No I don’t live in San Diego, I just like Anchorman.)